September 17, 2007

A little break

The in-laws were down in S'port this weekend and Annie and I got a chance to take a little time off from eachother. They came down on Thursday night and left just a few hours ago. It was a nice long weekend full of laughs, food, sleep and rusty golf swings. Thanks to them I am feeling pretty good on this Monday morning. This is fortunate because there is a lot to get done today, not the least of which is getting Annie back on her schedule. When we are all out doing things it is impossible to keep her in the daily routine I have set. You have to balance the amount of fun you can have, with how much you will pay for it later that night. It's sort of like going out drinking. The more you drink the later you'll be up , only now someone else is doing the puking for me. Hmmm...am I Annie's version of the porcelain god?

During the week I take all of the night-time feetings. This is usually at 1 a.m. and then again at 4 a.m. This has gotten to be pretty tiring after a month or so. This weekend though Kristen comitted to taking all of Friday night and then half of Saturday. What a huge help, thank you love. I feel a little more human again. I'm sure it was hard for her after having so many nights off and I can't tell her how much it meant to me.

The highlight of the weekend was definitely the strawberry pie at Strawn's...amazing. Sometimes you eat an iconic food from a city and are left disappointed. Not with the pie at Strawn's. Eating it was sort of like sitting on a park bench on an early spring day, leaning your head back, and while feeling the fresh warm sun on your face taking a long pull of the newly fragrant air around you. If you can taste that now, you have an idea of what I'm talking about.

Someday Annie will get a chance to eat like that, but in the meantime she has to taste that remnants via Kristen. Incidentally, my gut tells me that her lack of sleep this weekend had something to do with our collective glutonous ways. She is often sensitive to Kristen's diet and we all went a little overboard this weekend. Annie was often forced to resort to naps in the sling or ergo carrier. See the photo to the right. While cute, my back is hurting today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home