August 4, 2008

To Nap or To Blog

Let's start with the good news. Matilda is healthy and happy, with chubby cheeks that match her sister's, and she loves to sleep in her bassinet. The bad news? She only likes to sleep in her bassinet during the day. Thusly, this dad feels like shit and should be napping right now, but how else would I cope if not for unloading to ya'll?

Our nights have been very long lately. While Matilda is not often upset at night she will only sleep in my arms, and even then, just for short periods of time. I know what you are saying, you doubters out there. You think that by holding her all night I am taking the easy way out. In Annie's case you would have been right and I probably set her up for sleeping failure. This time, I am determined to give number two a fair shot at leading a normal life of slumber.

During the day, we put Matilda down for naps as often as possible and she will sleep on her own for an hour or two or, in the case of yesterday evening, almost three. Sure enough, when we went to sleep--the parents that is--Matilda got antsy and for the next eight hours she was rarely quiet for more than an hour. Yes, I'm exhausted. And a bit sad. And a bit overwhelmed.

On another note, I haven't updated your five songs in almost a month. Sorry. Time is a bit short. I will post some tunes today, though they won't be new...just awesome.

Oh, and I will try and post pictures of Mattie's red hair soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth Gallo said...

oh, I can relate! Both of my babies are sleeping now, so I'm blogging when I should be doing laundry/dishes/dinner preparations/you name it. Here's to the sleep deprived!

August 4, 2008 at 5:02 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Sleep deprivation is depressing and lonely! The good news is that the 2nd child sleeps thru the night much faster than the first!! So be of good cheer, it won't last forever, and sleep anyway and whenever you can!

August 5, 2008 at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home