September 20, 2007

Tired

Whoa, hold on a second. A "sleep regression" is in progress. Two weeks ago Annie was sleeping from her bedtime at 8 p.m. all the way to 2 a.m. She would then sleep until around 6 a.m. when she woke for the day. We have now come all the way back to start. Last night she woke up at 11:15 then again at 2:45 then again at 5:00 and stayed up. Ouch! I should be sleeping right now, but this is the only time of day where I actually feel awake.

She is currently sleeping in her swing giving me a brief moment to put fingers to keyboard, and today I can type two handed...for the time being anyway.

We have been dilligent about keeping her in a routine, something that is supposed to help her sleep at night, but I worry that her routine of eating every three hours during the day is simply carrying over to the night. Kristen and I both have our theories about how to curb this pattern and since I am with Annie the most I seem to take a harder line. She isn't as used to Annie's crying as I am, so my plan ("crying it out,") does not jive for her. Unfortunatley, Kristen's plan ("feeding her whenever she feels like it") is starting to take it's toll on me.

So here I sit on Thursday morning, praying for Saturday when I will have some help and wondering if I will get all that I need. There is a pretty good chance that Kristen will have a significant amount of work to do, leaving me in my weekday roll.

I'm looking for some answers out there and with no one to turn to and no friends to hang out with I am hard pressed to find the place that they will come from.

Annie is three months old today. The mythical age when experts say kids start sleeping throught the night...we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home