October 22, 2008

Ugh

It occurs to me while sitting here on a Wednesday night in October that I’m pretty miserable. After showing early signs of being the fat lazy baby that I have always (since Annie’s sleepless nights) dreamed of, Matilda has now regressed to her worst sleep patterns yet. She is now twelve weeks old.

We put her to bed every night at seven, and half the time she falls asleep with little trouble, just a pat and a burp. Most nights she needs her pacifier put back in once or twice, but other than that she sleeps soundly until midnight…eleven…10:30. You can see where this is headed. From her highpoint of nine hours of consecutive sleep (about a month ago) she has come all the way back to her daytime schedule and is up three times a night. Fortunately, she goes back to sleep easily, which is unlike Annie, who needed at least a half hour of bouncing. However, try getting up at 11:00, 2:00 and 5:00 o’clock tonight and stay awake for 20 minutes each time. For good measure wake up at 12:00 (Annie likes to poop and freak out once a night) and then start your day at 7:00 A.M. Okay, now try this for the next week, or two, or a month. Fuck.

Really, that’s all I have to say right now. I’m tired. Annie is a handful during the day, and with bedtime changing from the only relaxing part of the day to the part to the day I dread most, I’m kind of bitter. I just want to move to DC and start Sleep Training Week 2008: Matilda’s Revenge.

2 Comments:

Blogger DoulaMomma said...

ugh is right. All I can say is "this, too, shall pass". Cold comfort, I know. Time to abuse the power of coffee! ;-)

October 22, 2008 at 9:03 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Gallo said...

I am right there with you. Ours are 13 months apart, too. The big one was a great sleeper until the little one came along. Did you Ferber-ize your older daughter? We are experimenting with it now, and it just seems like torture!

October 22, 2008 at 10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home