February 25, 2009

Saw Things...

Everyone goes through moments in their lives where it becomes time to pick up and go. At least I think they do. For those of you that know me, I once plotted a ridiculous trip to Wyoming that lasted all of two days. I plotted this trip because I hated my life at the time and thought that something reckless might reset things. The excitement I feel when putting things in my rearview mirror still holds, even though I now love my life and have two wonderful children and a stunningly understanding wife.

Consequently, I find myself in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. My children are sound asleep upstairs, I have a cold beer open and am watching golf on television. My wife is alone in Chevy Chase, basking in the glory of feeling like a single woman again. I called her at 7:30. She was asleep on the couch.

I will be here for about a week, enjoying the weather (70 tomorrow!), and taking the kids down to the beach. If I'm lucky, a neighbor who is friends of my in-laws will find me a babysitter for Friday or Saturday and I will play the beautiful Wacheshaw East golf course. I will post pictures of our adventures, and thoughts on truly being a single dad for the first time. Enjoy the winter chill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home