February 27, 2008

Humble, or calculatingly self deprecating?

Joe,

Thank you for kind words regarding my intro to Episode 7, my head is swelling to the size of McNulty's. Soon I'll be thinking that I am smarter than those around me and that I can quit my day job for a life as a writer. But, as I well know my so-called genius ideas and my ability to write/express them are few and far between.

Since my day job prevented me from actually getting to my questions for you regarding "The Death of Omar's Wisdom" I will proceed with answering your questions 1st?

1) Is this my favorite show of all time? - Yes, even with this being the weakest Season, due to my feeling that the McNulty serial killer storyline is too over the top), I'm still riveted. Proof being that despite my seeming inability to watch the episodes at their scheduled time slot, once I actually sit down to watch (Thank you DVR), I'm sucked in. I still rank the series ahead of my other favs- Sport's Night, Homicide, the Sopranos, The Simpsons, Curb You Enthusiasm, Seinfeld, The Larry Sanders Show, Deadwood, Lost and the short lived Studio 60 on the Sunset strip. Nothing angers me like the early cancellation of great shows like Sport's Night and Studio 60 when there is so much crap on the air.

2) Was Omar's death fitting/appropriate? - Without a doubt. Despite my perfect world wish to see Omar play the hero, get revenge on Marlo, Chris and Snoop for torturing and killing "Butchie", and retire to dish out more of his wisdom, it is not a perfect world. Omar, despite all of his principles, was a criminal playing in a dangerous game with dangerous people. To die at the hands on an unknown corner boy, looking to make a name for himself, was a fitting end to our pseudo Robin of the Hood. Well maybe he wasn't Robin Hood , since he stole from the rich and gave to himself, but at least the man had a code.

3) Who is turning in Jimmy? Greggs or "Beadie"? - If I had to choose between the two, I would go with Greggs, since she is closer to him on a day to day basis and because I think "Beadie" still loves him. But, if you put a gun to my head I would probably say neither and that it will end up being a paper trail that is his undoing. Somehow I see Lester escaping the hangman's noose.

Let me here your thoughts on the same 3 questions and I'll throw in a few new ones as well.

1) What was your reaction to the FBI profile on McNulty?

2) Are McNulty and Lester any worse than Marlo, Prop Joe, Omar, Senator Clay Davis or any of the other criminals? Especially, since there actions have cost the Schools money.

3) I know you don't love the media aspect of this Season, but you can't tell me you don't love Gus - In the end who do you think gets the ax Gus or Templeton?

Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home