February 15, 2008

Unfinished Dad Goes Global

The Unfinished Dad has gone global. When I started this blog I had dreams of vast riches and untold groupies. I knew that it would be a long haul to get there, filled with numerous late nights hovering over the keyboard, but I had no idea how quick and brilliant my ascent would be. As of this post, the UD has been averaging about seven loyal visitors a day. Big ups to the faithful out there. Interestingly, missing from those seven core fans is a little person I like to call my wife. That however, is another post entirely.

Despite the meager portion of the global population that The Seven represent, this blog, while serving as a kind therapy for me, has slowly crept to the far reaches of planet earth. The world, therefore, is my therapist. So the crux of this post is to detail the soon to be universal dominance that is on display here daily. Thanks to one of the myriad technological advances by the fellas at Google, I am able to check Unfinished Dad’s stats on a daily basis. Witness the global blitzkrieg detailed below.

From October 16th 2007, when my wife first convinced me to show this space to ya’ll, the following 27 countries (191 cities) have walked within the manly confines of the Unfinished Dad.

United States
1,022 visits averaging 2:18. Way to go Rockaway, New Jersey. Your 204 visits represent 20% of the traffic here. I’m sending out a fruit basket to the borough post-haste.
United Kingdom
7 visits averaging 0:59
Germany
6 visits averaging, woops, 0:01
Canada
5 visits averaging, oh boy, 0:00
France
3 visits averaging, sweet, 0:14. Merci Beaucoup.
Brazil
2 visits averaging 0:00 again.
Chile
2 visits averaging 1:10. I love Cheelay.
Romania
2 visits for zero seconds of love
Italy
Ditto
Singapore
2 visits, averaging 0:52 seconds. That’s it going to Singapore to thank these two personally.
Guam
1 Visitor who again spent no time at the site. For a US territory this is weak. You are cut off Guam.
India
1 Visitor, 0 seconds.
Japan
Same.
Venezuela
Same.
Switzerland
Same.
Netherlands
Same. I’m sensing a trend.
United Arab Emirates
Same.
Indonesia
Ugh, Same.
Poland
Fuck
China
Same
Peru
Same
Spain
Sa…wait a minute. What’s this? Someone in Salamanca spent 19 minutes and 17 seconds at the Unfinished Dad. He visited four pages and hung out for the better part of half an hour. Who are you? Were you bored that November day? I would love to hear from the person who supported me so well though that cold, cold month.
Australia
Back to zero.
Argentina
Same
Slovakia
Same
Malta
Same. Where the fuck is Malta? That’s not a country.
Malaysia
1 Visitor for 5:13. Represent, Malaysia! You visited on the same date as the dude in Salamanca. Are you and he one and the same? Are you a world traveler? Kuala Lumpur is a global economic/technological hub you know. Could be he was reading the Unfinished Dad, got interrupted by the red eye to KL and then reconvened to finish the post on Annie’s Indian, er, Native American headdress, all the while engineering a multi-billion dollar deal to merge Microsoft and a little known blog about the life of a stay at home dad.

So there you have it, over a thousand visits, mostly from my best friend Mike. Yet I love the fact that anyone out there in the void appreciates what I write on any level whatsoever. Even if you live in Malta. I will continue trudging along the path of fatherly enlightenment and, earth, you keep on reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home