March 2, 2008

Hurtling towards the finish

Dear Michael,

Wow! Wow! We said that last week’s episode was the best of the year and deservedly so, but tonight’s was ridiculously good. As good as any of the work we have seen during this entire series. Kristen and I spent most of the hour on the edge of the couch juggling all of the potential bombshells that could have gone off on the screen before us. It was the kind of episode that made you want to lock the door while you were watching, you know, just in case. The impact of this episode is such that for an hour you could forget all about the drivel that preceded it for much of the previous eight weeks.

Since we didn’t really put a good polish on last week’s episode, I thought we could keep our emails this week a little less detailed. Obviously if given the time we could wax poetic about the “Dickensian” aspect of The Wire, but that may be better suited to a more personal phone conversation. The poor people who tune in to the Unfinished Dad to look at Annie’s jowls must be bored to tears. Hey, maybe when The Wire is over we could start playing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on Nintendo 64 and review that.

I’d like to hear your thoughts on a few things to get us going. The scene where Marlo finds out that Omar was hunting him and calling him out was so powerful and really made me like Marlo more than ever. He really is a badass. You immediately realize that Chris has made a huge mistake in not keeping his boss informed. Maybe my prediction of his demise may come true after all, but for a different reason than I guessed. So my question to you is this, do Marlo and crew (except for Snoop of course) walk? This would be, in my opinion, the best way to show us couchers how futile the war on drugs is, no? I’m personally hoping for Rhonda to pull a McNulty and bury her newfound information, but I doubt it.

Secondly, are you surprised that Kima is taking everybody down? I know my own personal moral shortcomings when it comes to doing wrong in order to do right (I’m somewhere between McNulty and Greggs), but I’m curious to know if you think that the public is served by her actions.

Lastly for tonight, do you think that Michael should be the next President of the United States, or the CEO of Microsoft?

Fondly,

Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home