October 4, 2007

Feeling Good

A funny thing happened yesterday when five people I didn’t know read “Unfinished Dad.” In my own head I became a writer. I have always enjoyed the things that I write, that is until I reread them a few times. When they first hit the page or the keyboard they sound brilliant, and after careful scrutiny they become contrived and dull. Then, yesterday someone linked to this blog for reasons that I don’t technically or aesthetically understand. Now in my own head I am a writer, and as such I told some actual live people about this little project of mine. Even now, as I type this, I am in plain sight of my wife. I’m not even writing on the sly as I’ve done in the past.

So there you go. Hopefully this becomes a compounding situation where I am forced to write every day. This will satisfy me and my legions of fans as well. Thanks America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home