September 4, 2008

Well

As it was planned, you were going to be blown away by my prose right now. I was working on a story about my temporary hometown of West Caldwell and a few of its shortcomings. Instead you get a tired Unfinished Dad who is going to take a few minutes to tell you how I feel.

I should have stopped there, but I like to get things out of my system. If nothing else, I will go to bed comfortable...and sleep for 2.5 hours.

Annie's butt is so red that changing her has become a combination Greco-Roman wrestling match/Beaches marathon. There's a lot of crying and tactical positioning. Diaper rash has always been something she's struggled with, but this week's bout has come to red, open sores. My little girl shakes with pain whenever you have to delicately wipe away one of her colossal poops. If you don't have children you don't yet know what it is like to see someone you love so much in pain. Trust me. You love your husband or wife, but something different clicks open in your mind when have a child. You may offend your spouse by telling them this, don't worry they are thinking the same thing. The icing on Annie's butt rash cake is the fever she is running. This is most likely from all of the teeth she is sprouting. She's hurting.

Matilda, and her allergy to cows, is doing fine. Somehow though, I forgot that babies need to be held most of the day. When you have another child who is struggling this really wears you out. So while she is coping I find myself wishing I could set her down. When I'm standing I wear her in one of the 33 different slings/pouches that we own. However, when I sit down she struggles to get free. That kid has a strong inner gyroscope I guess.

The bottom line is that I have the pre bedtime blues. I used to get this way when Annie was a month old too. I'm too tired to stay up any longer and I'm to scared of how little sleep I'm about to get to go to bed. Let's just say I'm looking forward to the days when my wife and I look back on this and reminisce.

Wait, this picture makes me feel better.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dad Stuff said...

It is amazing what a smile can do to you.

September 4, 2008 at 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home